During the general introductions by all 105 attendees, Erik Caldwell, Director of Economic Development at City of San Diego, spoke about his department’s objectives for making sure the city of San Diego remains a place to retain highly qualified talent for the large number of technology companies there.
After the general introductions by , the group was broken into three sections to participate in the interactive workshops on these three topics:
- Prove your MVP
- Preparing for seed financing
The Thought Leaders for those sections were:
- Mike Krenn: President at San Diego Venture Group
- Navid Alipour: Co-Founder, Managing Partner at Analytics Ventures @NavidAlipour
- Ray Major: Principal Consultant at Practium Advisory Services @majorbi
- Marsha Wilson: Managing Consultant at DaulSpark @Decisivelyme
- Melanie Ruthrauff: Corporate Associate at Mintz Levin
I enjoyed each session and discovered new facets of the three workshop topics that I didn’t know before today. That’s the advantage of attending CyberTech events where exposure to new knowledge is always present.