The Grand Opening of iHive @ NEST, now one of San Diego’s largest CoWork spaces with 16,000 square feet, was celebrated the evening of July 28.
It was a lively, fun night of CoWork space, sliders, sundaes, summer sounds, and speed – networking, that is.
First, the space: It’s a colorful, contemporary array of incubators, shared workspaces, temporary workspaces and co-working spaces.
The delicious sliders were prepared by the food truck InSlider, with sundaes courtesy of Baskin-Robbins.
The sounds of “Summer Strings Open Mic” that filled the Manpower courtyard were provided by an array of top local musicians, all presented by Ken Rexrode Productions.
As for Speed Networking, more than 30 guests got to know each other better – both professionally and personally – in a series of two-minute “chat sessions,” seated at a long table across from each other.
“It was wonderful to get to know so many interesting people who have such innovative ideas,” said CyberTECH member Lorna Ramos, an account executive with NCW Staffing. “I loved it!”
Judging from the many smiles, laughs and freely exchanged business cards, the first-time event was a huge success.
The next Speed Networking event will be held Thursday, Aug. 11, 4:30 to 7:30 pm – iHive @ NEST, 1855 First Avenue, Suite 103, San Diego, CA 92101.
All CyberTECH members, prospective members and guests are always welcome!
Celebrate 13 years of sipping and socializing
Make your plans now to attend the networking event of the summer…the 13th annual Wine Social, presented by the MIT Enterprise Forum San Diego.
MIT Enterprise Forum, San Diego
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
6 pm – 9 pm
Birch Aquarium, La Jolla
You can’t top the location at the Birch Aquarium with its panoramic views of the ocean and La Jolla. Plus, mingle with top tech executives in San Diego — all while raising important funds.
- SPECIAL Pricing for CYBERTECH: $75 using CyberTech Discount code = CT74125
- Otherwise: $90 per person Until July 24; July 25 thru July 27 (at the door): $120 per person
Please note: Payment processor is PayPal, but you may use any major credit card
As a 501(c)(3), your ticket is tax deductible and helps raise funds for SEPT – the MIT Science and Engineering Program for teachers.
Every year, the San Diego MIT Alumni Club sends one local teacher to MIT in Cambridge, MA for special training that they bring back to our community.
Wines from more than 30 wineries – representing the best of Napa, Sonoma, and San Diego County – will be featured, plus the finest locally-based craft beers and sodas.
The French Gourmet, a San Diego culinary favorite, will feature an array of specialty appetizers and entrées to perfectly match all tastes:
- Tray-passed hors d’oeuvres (including vegetarian and gluten-free offerings)
- Stations with grilled steak and truffle parmesan fries; chicken roulade with quinoa and ratatouille; and Caesar salad.
- Plus, The French Gourmet’s famous desserts — croquembouche puffs, chocolate eclairs, salted caramel brownies bites, chocolate- dipped strawberries, and much more
For an added bonus, buy five tickets and get one FREE … use code GRP2365
As one of the event’s co-sponsors, CyberTECH looks forward to seeing our members and guests at the 13th annual Wine Social, presented by MIT Enterprise Forum San Diego.
You’re invited to join CyberTECH members and special guests for the official Grand Opening of iHive at NEST, Thursday, July 28.
Covering more than 16,000 square feet, iHive at NEST reflects San Diego’s fast-growing leadership role in the hi-tech and cybersecurity sectors. The space is fully leased with 47 resident members.
That total is expected to grow to 80 companies by mid-2017. What’s more, for every resident member, iHive also supports an additional four non-resident members through its Community Social Incubation model.
Celebrate the future of CoWork Space with us!
Mark your calendar:
- Thursday, July 28, 5:30 pm-7:30 pm
- iHIVE at NEST: 1855 First Avenue, Manpower building, in Bankers Hill adjacent to downtown San Diego
- Additional tech-themed CoWork spaces include: CyberHive, iHive, and xHive, featuring an array of incubators, shared workspaces, temporary workspaces and co-working spaces.
- Funding for iHive at NEST derives from San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer’s commitment to grow San Diego’s innovation sector incubators. Under his leadership, the city issued a $40,000 grant to help spur more startups and jobs across the city.
- With the guidance of San Diego-based cybersecurity executive Darin Andersen, NEST is supported by resident and non-resident membership fees, plus sponsor partners and grants.
We’re excited to host three networking events at the annual “Securing the Internet of Things” (SIOT) event in Las Vegas, Aug. 2-4. Together with leading industry stakeholders and key decision-makers, join us as we explore emerging trends in IoT and the latest advances in technology security and privacy.
Tuesday, August 2
Masters Panels I and II
- Charlie Palmer Steak, Four Seasons Hotel, Las Vegas
- 10:45 am-2:30 pm
Theme: Global thought leaders, industry experts and luminaries explore the IoT phenomenon from private, government and academic perspectives.
- Securing emerging technologies such as 3D printers, robots and drones;
- The role of IoT and cloud security, privacy, and innovation;
- Forward thinking and actionable intelligence in an evolving, competitive marketplace
Masters Panel I, 10:45 am-12 noon
- Welcome: Darin Andersen, CyberTECH (Distinguished Ponemon Fellow)
- Keynote: Bill Diotte, Mocana, “Developing, Distributing, and Securing the Internet of Things”
- Moderator: Stephan Chenette, AttackIQ
Masters Panel II, 12 noon-1 pm
- Topic: “Healthcare Security: Patient Health vs. Patient Data”
- Panelists: Andre McGregor; Tanium and Justine Phillips Sheppard Mullin; two additional TBD
- Moderator: Ted Harrington, Independent Security Evaluators
Group Exercise, 1 pm-2:30 pm
- Topic: “Building in Security and Privacy in your Imbedded IoT Devices”
- Participants: Craig Harper, Sysorex; Karl Weaver, Oasis Smart SIM
- Moderator: Darin Andersen,CyberTECH
Networking reception: 3 pm
Wednesday, August 3
Cyber+IOT Bangers and Mash Roundtable Breakfast
- Ri Ra Irish Pub, Mandalay Bay Hotel, Las Vegas
- 8:30 am-10:30 am
The tradition began at the 2013 Black Hat Conference when a handful of CyberTECH and industry leaders were looking for a venue for their breakfast meetings. The one restaurant to accept reservations was an Irish pub. The first ad-hoc breakfast was well-attended with meaningful conversations and relationships developed.
This inspired CyberTECH to evolve the breakfast into what is now the CyberTECH Cyber+IoT Bangers and Mash Roundtable Breakfast with Irish pub-style bangers (sausages) & mash (mashed potatoes) and other classic Irish breakfast fare.
In addition to a hearty breakfast, and with support from eWeek Magazine, the CyberTECH+IOT Bangers and Mash Roundtable Breakfast is where C-level and InfoSec professionals come together to network, hear security presentations and participate in an interactive panel discussion.
Thursday, August 4
Cyber CISO Roundtable Dinner
- Charlie Palmer Steak House, Four Seasons Hotel, Las Vegas
- 6 pm-8 pm
Featuring several expert speakers, the event brings together dynamic thinkers, thought leaders and industry experts in the cyber, IoT and emerging technology spaces. The goal is to create a safe and trusted space for CISOs to learn, share information, discuss recent cyber news and trends, and build long-term relationships with one another.
Looking for a CoWork space that’s convenient to San Diego’s downtown? you’re invited to work free at NEST at iHive on Thursday, Aug. 11.
Located at the corner of First and Fir streets in Bankers Hill, in the Manpower building just a few blocks from downtown, NEST at iHive is offering the rent-free day as part of San Diego CoWorking Week, Aug. 8-12.
For an added bonus, CyberTECH will host a complimentary after-work mixer in the outdoor patio, open to all members and potential new members.
To arrange for a free CoWork day, contact Mo Rahseparian at: firstname.lastname@example.org